POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.]
Date: 6 Mar 2002 10:19:22
Message: <3c86337a@news.povray.org>
Hi again,

do you remember the fern I posted some weeks ago? Bad news: it starts over
again. If you are tired seeing fern pics, let me know.

Well... I posted the source once in p.b.s-f but it is outdated. After these
tests I collected all "plant-creation-specific" problems and wrote a more
geberic solition for these tasks by using POV macros (to use memory macros I
switched to MegaPov).

This set of macros (I call it for now a "plant-creation toolkit") can be
used to create plants in general. I know there are a lot of macros available
to create trees, grass or similar. However, I like to WRITE the code and
MODEL manually rather than just USING macros or using some 2nd, 3rd or 4th
party products. You may call me crazy ;-)

Although the fern is still a bit buggy I have a result I want to post here.
Please excuse the psychedelic background. It is just a bozo pattern giving
some colours which may occur in a wood-floor scene (greenish, browns and
orange/yellows). The vase is gone as well, this is a free-floating fern ;-)

Unfortunately the ill and dead leaves (features already implemented) aren't
visible here (they are but you have to know where). Randomisation is hard to
control after several hundrets of iterations....

have fun,
regards,
SY

PS: the second image is a very healthy test wing. Simple but nice.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'test.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'test2.jpg' (48 KB)

Preview of image 'test.jpg'
test.jpg

Preview of image 'test2.jpg'
test2.jpg